reckless abandon

reckless abandon

Thursday, November 6, 2014

#Day6: "People" versus "Things"

Going strong on #Day6 of #theminimalistproject for #noclutterNovember with the help of my motivated husband who is more than happy to throw away everything we own assist however he can in the decluttering process.
...and we came up with more than enough options to consider for day 6. 


November 6th, my 6 items:


Sorry for the lack of quality pics, but I promise you that the stuff I picked to eliminate was legit.




We'd like to enter into evidence Exhibits 1 through 6:

1. Ancient, lefty golf clubs
(carried off by a shifty guy in a shady pick-up truck from the spot at our curb)

2. Emergency car repair kit that had maybe 1/3 of the original items left, including a gas syphon (....ummm...do people still use those, and if so, is it because they are trying to steal gas from another car to use in their own vehicle, because that sounds about as shady as the guy from number "1."...who just so happens to be the same guy who took this item along with the clubs)

3. An entire box of Jelly jars, lids, and labels for canning
(*fun fact: I have never canned in my life...though I had every intention of learning at some point)

4. A privacy screen attachment for the back of a Jeep Grand Cherokee ...which is just the vehicle we last owned ....sometime before Macey was born (she's now 8 years old if that tells you anything)

5. An "extra" backpack that can be found in just about any room of my house...but is never really used for anything useful.

and 6. A kids' table that flips over to reveal a Duplo Lego tabletop and can also turn into an easel
(....I mean, who doesn't need one of those?! ...I'm still second-guessing getting rid of that one.)



Eliminating Excess.

Releasing the burden of baggage.

Making room for people.



...and, minus the kids' table, it has gotten a bit easier to say goodbye to stuff.


Straight to the point today...I rest my case.

So, "Goodbye, 6-things-that-are-so-random-I-will-bulk-you-all-together. You were just taking up a little too much space in our 1190 square foot home. And while the jury was out for a long time on whether or not to let you stay, we have 6 people now....so instead of getting rid of one of the kids, the verdict is in...and you have to go. No offense, I just love my kids and husband a whole lot more than I ever loved you."

No comments:

Post a Comment